The Budget and Finance Committee oversees and administers all ECSWANDC financial matters, including the system of financial accountability as required by the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment and the City of Los Angeles. It is also responsible for making recommendations to the ECSWANDC Governing Board regarding all budgetary and financial matters. The Budget and Finance Committee:
- Chaired by the Treasurer, and composed of stakeholders and not more than three Governing Board Members.
- Uses the Administrative Package guidelines to create a draft of the new fiscal year budget to be presented to the Governing Board.
- Maintains the ECSWANDC budget, ensuring it is current, and reporting the need for adjustment or any other issues to the Governing Board.
- Reviews Neighborhood Purpose Grants, within two weeks of submission, ensuring application packages are complete and prepared to be presented before the Governing Board in a timely manner.
- Executes an initial review of proposed projects, plans and budgets, submitting a report, including recommendations, to the Governing Board.
- Meetings may be inconsistent.
1st Thursday of the month at 6pm as needed