Los Angeles City Council voted on Wednesday, April 6 to remove the moratorium preventing the towing of RVs during the pandemic as neighbors have complained about unsanitary conditions around RV encampments.
According to MyNewLA: Parking enforcement will resume immediately for oversized vehicles that fall under one of the following five categories:
- those that present a traffic safety hazard, including blocking walkways, fire hydrants, driveways and traffic lanes;
- those that pose an environmental or public health hazard, including those that have been “extensively destroyed, burned or present a threat to environmentally sensitive habitats;”
- those that interfere with public works projects or special events;
- those that are inoperable, such as vehicles that are disabled or missing an engine, windshield or tire; and
- those that are unregistered.